|A Little Salsa Picante|
|Date||23 October 2006|
Just a night on the job for Nick and Schanke, who has been put on a diet by Myra.
- Length: 2983 words.
- The title of this story comes from a line of Schanke's in the episode "Dark Knight": "Can you believe they put a guy like this in homicide? Falls apart when he sees a little salsa picante."
- Allusions. Schanke's former partner Jim Anderson is from "Hunters." The generic language of addiction is from "Feeding the Beast." Myra's psychic aunt is from "Dying to Know You." Schanke's preference for triple-cheese pizzas is from "If Looks Could Kill." Natalie's protein shakes for Nick are in many episodes, but mostly first season. The Schankes' cabin is from "Hunters" and "Father's Day."
- Inspiration. One of Highlander fandom's old "Fifteen Minute Challenge" prompts ("just a hint of that smell") inspired this piece.
- "You've captured the tone of Nick and Schanke's partnership perfectly here, with all of its good-natured teasing and effective cooperation. It's a lovely reminder of what that part of the show was like." — excerpted from skieswideopen's comment on AO3
- "A Little Salsa Picante" on AO3