|Broadcast Date||4 November 1995|
| Previous Story: Hearts of Darkness
Next Story: Let No Man Tear Asunder
|“||Cars are sexier with fins, don't you think? More predatory.||”|
— Vachon, Trophy Girl
When a headless, handless corpse is discovered, Natalie identifies the victim as having been reported missing by the owner of an escort service.
Tracy, off duty for a few days' cooling off period after shooting a suspect, decides to go secretly undercover as an escort in the hope of drawing out the murderer. Meanwhile, Nick does a prison interview with another serial killer with a very similar M.O., hoping to get tips on motivation.
- Alan C. Peterson......Christopher Scheer/The Mortician
- Doug O'Keefe......Sedrick
- Ellen Dubin......Ingrid Marr
- Mary Jo Eustace......Heather
- Douglas Miller......Jeffrey
- Polly Shannon......Liselle
- Kristin Lehman......Urs
- Dwight Bacquie......Manny
- Brian Kaulback......Bateman
- Ken Smith......suspect
- Randy Butcher......suspect
Detailed Story RecapEdit
- Nick: Will you bring her across?
LaCroix: Then I would have her with me for all eternity. Would that she were a less annoying woman. No, I will drink my fill and then begone, on to new game.
Nick: It seems such a waste. Such a tragedy.
LaCroix: Tragedy, Nicholas? Tragedy is not a word I think I've heard you use before. It's not a word that has anything to do with my business. It's not a word that I like.
- LaCroix: Prize what you will, prize what you can, but always remember...even he who dies with the most prizes still dies.
- Nick: I am nothing like you.
Scheer: I don't believe that. You've killed many times, don't deny it. You've seen death in all its glory and you've been drawn to it. It compels you in ways that shock you, frighten you and thrill you. And they gave you a badge?
- Scheer: The very cops that hunted me down like a wild pig crawl to me for insight into the twisted criminal mind?
- Urs: Isn't that you-know-who? Nick's partner?
Vachon: Either her or her evil twin sister.
Urs: She has a twin sister?
- Vachon: (to Tracy) You're looking uncharacteristically gorgeous tonight.
- Tracy: You know, you oughta keep that hypno-thing in your holster.
Vachon: Sorry. It gets away from me sometimes.
- Sedrick: Don't scream. Because no one will hear you; but, more importantly, screaming gives me a headache.
- Sedrick: Tracy. I love that name..."Tracy". I don't have any Tracys. And a homicide detective! Wow. I definitely don't have any of those.
- Sedrick: (to Tracy) I would've fixed you dinner, but I think it's probably best that you don't eat before surgery.
- Capt. Reese: How come I'm the captain, and I always get the dirtiest damn jobs?
- Vachon: Cars are sexier with fins, don't you think? More predatory.
Nick: For me it's a question of trunk space.
Behind the ScenesEdit
The German title for this episode is "Der Trophäensammler" ("The Trophy Collector").